- expand_moreWhat is included in my rental fees?Fara fleet come with the following features as standard:4x4, automatic and dieselUnlimited mileageFree GPS and 4G wifi boxFree studded snow tyre between 1st Nov to 15th April24 hour road assistanceFree CDW insurance
- expand_moreWhat if my booking time is out of your office hours?If you booking is between 05:00 to 08:00, 20:00 to 23:30 your booking will still go through. It is important that you provide us with the correct flight details and contact Fara shuttle service on 00354 888 2018 as soon as you claimed your luggage successfully. We will arrange staff to pick you up according to your booking time.If your booking is between 23:30 to 05:00 please check in your hotel first and contact us the next day when you are ready. We can pick you up from your hotel (near Keflavik area) free of charge.
- expand_moreDo I need deposit for my booking?A credit card in the main driver's name is required for booking and renting a vehicle. ISK351,000 will be held for 30 days from date of rental.If you purchase SCDW or Gold Insurance in store ISK150,000 will be held for 30 days from date of rental.After 30 days it will be cancelled automatically, no transaction will be made in this process.In the case that you purchase our Platinum Insurance there will be no deposit required.
- expand_moreHow old do I need to be to rent a vehicle from Fara?The minimum age requirements are 23 years old.
- expand_moreDo I need an international driving license?An international driving license is not required, but we do require a minimum of three years driving experience.
- expand_moreDo you supply vehicles with an automatic transmission?Our 4×4 vehicles typically feature an automatic transmission.
- expand_moreWhat is the Fara Ehf cancellation policy?Cancellations of 2 days and more = 100% refund. Cancellations less than 2 days = 0% refund.
Pickup / Dropoff
- expand_moreWhat if I am returning the car late?Fara offer our customers 2 hours grace period. Any time after that will be considered another days rental at spot rate.
- expand_moreWhat if I need to pick up my car early?Fara offer 2 hours grace period which means that you may pick up the vehicle up to 2 hours early without extra charge. Anytime earlier than that will be considered another days rental at spot rate.
- expand_moreWhat is your pick up/drop off procedure?Fara offer complimentary Meet and Greet service to our customers. Kindly contact our shuttle service number (written on your booking voucher and confirmation email) once you have claimed your luggage successfully. Our shuttle should arrive between 10 - 20 mins.Our staff will be holding a Fara logo sign and meet you at the arrival hall. We suggest that you wait near the Information desk area.You will need to follow our drop off instruction, fill up the tank in front of our office and drop off the car at Framnesvegur 19c, Keflavik, 230. After inspection of your vehicle we will drive you back to the airport.
- expand_moreMay I collect the vehicle from KEF International Airport?Fara offers complimentary MEET & GREET service between KEF International Airport and Fara office. All vehicles must be picked up in our office at Keflavik town centre. After you make a reservation you will be sent a booking voucher containing all the pick up/drop off information that you need.
- expand_moreWhere are you located?Our offices are at Framnesvegur 19c, Keflavik 230. Iceland.
- expand_moreMay Fara Ehf vehicles be taken on category F roads or Kjölur?4×4 vehicles may be driven via F category roads including Kjölur.
- expand_moreMay I return the vehicle at KEF International Airport?By prior arrangement a vehicle may be returned at KEF International Airport – subject to surcharge.
- expand_moreDo you offer roadside assistance?Yes we offer 24/7/365 roadside assistance. If it is not possible to rectify a fault at the roadside then we will aim to replace the vehicle with a similar vehicle.
- expand_moreAre vehicles fitted with with winter tyres during winter ?Yes all vehicles are fitted with high quality studded winter tyres during winter. (1st November to 15th April)